Research subject is “The formation of the English language competence of a teacher-to-be in the process of studying a foreign language”. It is essential due to the study and implementation into practice the current linguistic and methodological scientific works and theories.
Teaching staff is in direct cooperation with various universities and research institutions abroad. The Department traditionally has strong cooperation with:
- international organization TESOL conferences and season schools;
- the US Peace Corps;
- the Fulbright Programme;
- Regional English Language Office, US Embassy Kyiv;
- University of Oregon, Eugene;
- Research centre “Ryan Research International”;
- Summer English Institute (Trinity Western University, Langley, British Columbia, Canada).