Research work of the Department covers the actual problems of the English Linguistics:
- studying peculiarities of lexical units in modern English;
- studying the aspects of the functioning English grammatical structures;
- defying the peculiarities of expressive resources at the different English language levels.
The Department provides studying the literature of the English-speaking countries in the socio-cultural aspect:
- the peculiarities of the of literary and socio-cultural processes interaction in the English-speaking countries;
- studying the essence of artistic creativity and genre originality of literary works.