ICon-MaSTEd 2020: XII International Conference on Mathematics, Science and Technology Education
Kryvyi Rih State Pedagogical University
Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine, October 15-17, 2020
|Submission deadline||June 14, 2020|
|Notification due||July 10, 2020|
|Final submission deadline||July 25, 2020|
|Registration open||September 1, 2020|
|Registration due||September 25, 2020|
The International Conference on Mathematics, Science and Technology Education (ICon-MaSTEd) is a peer-reviewed international conference, which covers research on mathematics, science and technology education, along with technology-enhanced learning, including blended learning, E-learning, ICT-based assessment, mobile learning etc.Since 2001, ICon-MaSTEd is the premier interdisciplinary forum for social scientists, academicians, researchers, professionals, policy makers, postgraduate students and practitioners to present their latest research results, ideas, developments, and applications.There is urgent general need for principled changes in mathematics, science and technology education elicited by promising theories, models, tools, services, networks and communications.We invite you to participate in the conference and look forward to fruitful cooperation.The background theme for this ICon-MaSTEd installation is How learning technology changes science education in the 2020+ era.
List of Topics
- Mathematics Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Physics Education
- Astronomy Education
- Earth Science Education
- Computer Science and Computer Science Education
- Integrated Science Education
- Technology Education
- Educational Technology
Authors are invited to submit full (and original research) papers (at least 6 pages) including surveys, tutorials, perspective/colloquia articles in conference topics of interest through the EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iconmasted2020) by June 14, 2020.By submitting a paper an author and all co-authors are assumed to agree with the terms of the IOP Proceedings Licence.
Submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by three reviewers on the basis of technical quality, relevance, originality, significance, and clarity. If necessary, a fourth, additional reviewer will be involved. The Program Committee will use these reviews to determine which papers will be accepted for presentation at the conference. The result of the reviewing will be announced to the submitting authors by email, along with reviewer comments, if any.
The following paper categories are welcome:
- Full research papers should contain sufficient background and motivation and they should present proofs, where applicable, or at least outlines of such in sufficient detail to enable an expert to complete them. Thus summaries and mere announcements of papers appearing elsewhere cannot be included, although more detailed versions of e.g. a highly technical contribution may well be published elsewhere later.
- Surveys should cover a sufficiently broad topic, and should normally not just review the author's own recent research. In the case of surveys proofs of results may not be necessary.
- Review papers are also welcomed and accepted.
- Submissions should be:
- basically, correct and sound;
- original (not published elsewhere partly or in full and not submitted to other venues for simultaneous consideration);
- presented at the conference (at least one author of each article should attend to the conference);
- in line with the scope of ICSF.
- The number of references in the list of references should not be less than 10.
- Self-citations should not exceed 10 %.
- Authors are encouraged to refer to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for all aspects of publication ethics (http://publicationethics.org/) and to strictly conform to the ethical rules described on https://www.e3s-conferences.org/about-the-journal/publishing-policies-ethics, in particular:
- A single study is not split up into several parts to increase the quantity of submissions and submitted to various edited book projects or journals or to one journal over time (e.g. "salami-publishing").
- No data have been fabricated or manipulated (including images) to support the manuscript's conclusions.
- No data, text, or theories by others are presented as if they were the authors own ("plagiarism"). Proper acknowledgements to other works must be given (this includes material that is closely copied (near verbatim), summarized and/or paraphrased), quotation marks are used for verbatim copying of material, and permissions are secured for material that is copyrighted.
- Consent to submit has been received from all co-authors and responsible authorities at the institute/organization where the work has been carried out before the work is submitted.
- Authors whose names appear on the submission have contributed sufficiently to the scientific work and therefore share collective responsibility and accountability for the results.
ICon-MaSTEd 2020 uses IOP Conference Series format for the proceedings. Therefore, for preparing your submission please STRICTLY FOLLOW the 'Basic guidelines for preparing a paper' and 'Guidelines for preparing reference lists'. You should use Microsoft Word template or LaTeX2e class file for your submissions. If you would like to submit multimedia or any other supplementary data to accompany your paper, you might find 'Multimedia guidelines' useful.
In case you have never worked with the EasyChair system before, and therefore do not have an EasyChair account please create it by clicking "create an account" link at the login form. Please follow simple instructions for creating your account, then log in to the EasyChair. You will be offered to enter the ICon-MaSTEd 2020 area as an author. At the New Submission page of the ICon-MaSTEd 2020, please fill in the forms as requested by the instructions.
ICon-MaSTEd requires that every conference participant, not necessarily a speaker, but also a listener, registers at the conference. A dedicated registration service will be provided for this step. We need your registration for:
- Personalizing your conference information bundle, including the badge with your name and affiliation
- Offer additional services to you: e.g. visa support, hostel booking, official invitation letter preparation
- Collecting statistical information about session attendance, including social events – for proper resource planning
- Letting the other conference participants know who you are to facilitate networking
Please choose the right item for you to complete the registration, the registration fee is listed as follows:
- Authors (Presentation & Publication) - 54 GBP and 200 UAH
- Audience (With conference information bundle) - 200 UAH
- Audience (Without conference information bundle) - No Fee
ICon-MaSTEd 2020 registration form will be open on September 1, 2020
- Registration fee covers the conference fee, conference material (conference program, certification...), coffee/tea break.
- Each paid registration covers only one paper and one attendee.
- At least one author for each accepted final paper must register for paper publication.
- Delegates should bear the Service Charge (if any) of the bank in the Sender's Side.
Accepted papers will be published in the open access Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Online ISSN: 1742-6596 / publisher: IOP Publishing) in two month after conference.
The conference will be held in Kryvyi Rih State Pedagogical University (54 Gararin Ave., Kryvyi Rih, 50086, Ukraine)
All questions about submissions should be emailed to Iryna Mintii ([email protected], +380983516035) or Serhiy Semerikov ([email protected]).